Topics of student presentations - Summer half 2008/2009
- Types of cellular secrection of hormones. General mechanisms of hormonal actions. Blood transport of hormones.
- Endocrine function of hypothalamic-hypophysial system.
- Humoral control of calcium metabolism
- Function of glucocorticoids and regulation of their secretion
- Renin – angiotensin – aldosteron. Function of mineralocorticoids and regulation of their secretion
- Humoral regulation in stress
- Insulin, mechanism and regulation of secretion, receptors. Metabolic actions of insulin and their mechanisms.
- Humoral regulation of plasma glucose concentration.
- Regulation of menstruation cycle. Hormonal principles of contraception.
- Humoral regulation of human development and growth.
- Hormonal mechanisms of pregnancy, regulations of delivery.
- Functions of mouth and oesophagus in digestion
- Mechanisms of digestion in stomach (motility, secretion, control)
- Mechanisms of digestion in intestine (motility, secretion, control)
- Pancreatic secrection, neural and hormonal regulation
- Bile production and function of gall blader, their regulation
- Function of glial cells
- Transmission and processing of signals in neurons
- Synaptic transmission (and explanation of terms metabotropic and ionotropic receptor)
- Acetylcholine and norepinephrine in the peripheral nervous system
- Function of neurotransmitters and mechanisms of their action (receptors) in the central nervous system (glutamate, gamma-aminobutyric acid and others)
- Functions of spinal cord
- Functions of the brain stem
- Neural control of voluntary movement
- Sleep, wakefulness and interconnected modulatory systems in the CNS
- Learning and memory
- Function of retina
- Vestibular system
[Home] | [Faculty & Staff] | [Teaching] | [Research] | [Links] | [Feedback] | [Ceská verze]